School of Prayer Course Level I
ABOUT THE COURSE
The School of Prayer is intended for those who realise the importance of prayer in their lives and are seeking a deeper relationship with God and support and encouragement in their search. It is not intended as an academic programme; the course will be mainly experiential. Participants will be invited to take an active part in spiritual conversation, workshops and small group sharing. It will also include essential reading, intended as a framework and support for the ongoing process of prayer, reflection and growth. For participants, it will offer the opportunity to be nourished by the rich treasures of Christian prayer with particular reference to the Carmelite tradition – and at the same time to explore their own prayer journey and share this experience with others.
The School of Prayer comprises Level I and II. Each level stands alone. You may take Level I and then a break to return to Level II at your own convenience when next it is offered. Level II builds on the modules explored in Level I.
To form people of prayer. The course draws primarily from lived Carmelite spirituality and prepares course participants to be a prayerful presence in the world. The course may also enrich and deepen the prayer life of those who are more at home in other Christian or Catholic traditions of prayer or spiritual formation.
Aims of the Course
- To form people of prayer in a ten-week course over five months
- To encourage an experience of living and praying with an online praying community
- To encourage intimacy with God
- To broaden an understanding of the variety of approaches to prayer
- All graduates of the course will have a deep and comprehensive understanding of the experience of prayer in a way that is enriching and empowering
- An understanding of prayer as an experience of intimacy with God
- The ability to help people to grow in their prayer and spiritual life
- A deep knowledge of the contemplative tradition of Christian spirituality
- An appreciation of our core identity as Beloved of God, informed by insights from Carmelite saints
The School of Prayer is open to all who wish to deepen their experience and knowledge of prayer and to explore the journey of prayer with others. Requirements for the course are:
- Commitment to one’s prayer life
- Heartfelt desire to draw from the rich tradition of Carmelite spirituality in deepening one’s prayer experience
- Attendance (we understand that life does sometimes get in the way)
Registration and Next Steps
To register please complete the registration form.
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceed to payment