Our Rule of Observance
Our ‘pattern of life ’is outlined in the Rule of St Albert. This remains basically the rule that governs our life today, calling us principally:
- To live in allegiance to Jesus Christ, serving him with a pure heart and a good conscience, looking to Him alone for salvation, as we obey our superior in a spirit of faith.
- To reflect on Our Lord in the Scriptures, so that the word of God may be always in our hearts and on our lips, and guide us in everything we do.
- To come together daily for the celebration of prayer and the Eucharist.
- To put on the armour of God, faith, hope and charity, in a spirit of evangelical self-denial and a generous commitment to work.
- To enter into a genuine sharing of life in fraternal love, having at heart the good of the community and the salvation of souls.
- To hold everything in common ownership.
- Above all, to lead a life of unceasing prayer in silence and solitude, in accordance with the gospel which tells us to watch and pray.
- To use prudent discretion in all that we do.